Friday, October 31, 2014

"The Knot" Review Lindsay

Review from "The Knot"
Lindsay and Billy October 25, 2014 at The George Washington Hotel

"Where to start? Steven Vance Strolling Violins exceeded all of my expectations. I had always dreamed of a string quartet for my wedding day and their performance was absolutely stunning. I had heard him perform as a solo at a friends wedding and spoke with him again at a bridal convention where he was extremely professional yet personable. Steve was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process. He is punctual in all of his responses and proactive in creating different options for the big day. He was very good keeping me on track and provided great resources and insight during our planning. I booked him with their string quartet for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour at the reception, Steve acted as our MC for the reception and performed as a solo violinist during dinner, and last the DJ for the remainder of the reception.

When I took my first step into the church I was overwhelmed with how beautiful the quartet sounded - it was truly a dream and really set the tone for the day/evening!! Following the ceremony was an equally impressive performance during cocktail hour. I have had so many guests compliment the quality of music and say how much it added to the evening. I was looking for a very elegant repertoire of classical pieces during the ceremony and cocktail hour and that is what I got!! Steve let me pick everything I wanted and made it is very simple in mapping out what was to be played. During dinner we wanted to change the mood from a more formal setting to fun and Steve did so very elegantly during his solos during dinner. He provided a mix of classical and modern pieces that blew our guests away when they heard some of their favorite "modern" songs played so beautifully on the violin. After dinner we continued onto dancing and fun for the reception. We had a mix of younger and older adults and everyone was on the dance floor enjoying the music!! 

Some other great additions to the night were the photobooth and uplighting that I was able to book with Steve. I am very particular with uplighting and was skeptical as to how it would turn out but it was BEAUTIFUL!! The photobooth was also a great touch - everyone had a blast and my husband and I got a lot of laughs looking through the album the next day!!

What else to say other than Steven Vance Strolling violins was absolutely magnificent!! Their services and performances were more than I could have ever hoped for and certainly surpassed all expectations!"




Call 724-444-8400 or visit our web site for more information on how we can make your Special Event ... Extraordinary !

#PittsburghWeddingMusic

No comments:

Post a Comment